How to Build Confidence In Front Of The Camera.
Gents If you find yourself running away from the camera here are our top 6 tips to help you build your confidence and start creating some awesome memories and excellent professional headshots.
- Before your shoot raise your arms above your head for 30 seconds. This may seem like a strange thing to do especially if you are already a shy person, but it has been said that Silverback gorillas do this in the wild to build confidence and assert their authority. So wave your hands in the air, get in front of the camera and absolutely smash it! (Metaphorically please don’t smash our cameras)
- Wear something that makes you feel like James bond, Smart sophisticated and ready to take on the world. Professor Pine from the University of Hertfordshire discovered that ‘Putting on different clothes creates different thoughts and mental processes.’ So wear something that makes you feel awesome and confident, this could be as little as a favourite pair of pants or why not go all out and wear your superman PJ’s underneath your clothes.
- A good photograph uses the whole face and body. While you’re in a shoot or having your photo taken, think of the last time you cried with laughter and let that memory fill into your whole body.
- Let the lens be your friend – Change your actions and it will change your mindset. When somebody gets out a camera to take a photo it’s easy to run away and hide. It’s even easier to say yes and get used to having your photo taken. Saying yes to having your photo taken helps you dramatically in three different ways. Firstly, it boosts your confidence, secondly, it stops the rest of the party asking “why don’t you like your photo being taken”, and finally you will have a wonderful image to make a great day last a lifetime.
- All the celebs do it, so why can’t you – don’t be afraid to wear a bit of makeup! A first photo shoot can be a little nerve-wracking. And all of us get a little bit sweaty from time to time, especially when we’re nervous. There’s nothing less shameful than dabbing a bit of powder on your forehead, to stop that glistening sweaty shine. Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt and Leonardo Di-Caprio all wear makeup during their films and photo shoots to enhance their appearances, why else do you think they look so good!
- Take a few minutes to relax with a few relaxation techniques. The facts are that simple breathing techniques reduce stress and muscle tension, they also slow your heart rate and build your confidence all at the same time! Here are two of our favourites you can do anywhere: 1. Breathe in through your nose for 6 seconds and hold for 6 seconds, and then out through your mouth for 6 seconds. 2. Close your eyes and imagine that your body is filling up with hot gold, imagine that the hot liquid is filling every part of your body right to the top. These two short exercises will make you feel more relaxed and empowered in minutes, plus you can do them anywhere!
Our friendly team have worked with every type of person imaginable so as long as you bring yourself and be open to being coached and directed, you won’t be disappointed. The tips above are not essential, but if you want the very best headshot they can help transform your confidence and make you think positively about having your photo taken.
We will continue lighting people up and if you ever think that you may want to give a shoot a go, to boost your confidence and to create a great new headshot, get in touch with our team and we will create the perfect look you are looking for. If you would like to find out more about professional headshots and where you can use them click here.