Must Ask Questions before you book your Professional Headshot…
Before you get to the studio for your professional Headshot session there are a number of things you should know or be thinking about, such as:
- Why you need a professional headshot? (New website, new opportunity, social media presence, press release, recruitment i.e. LinkedIn)
- When do you need your professional headshot by?
- What brought this on?
- Where else do you intend to use your headshots? (i.e. website, business card, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, one-pager biography, press releases, book cover, products, roll-up banners, email signature, a copy for your mum? See here for more ideas on how and where to use your professional headshot.
- What are the main messages you would like your professional headshot to communicate? (Confidence, approachability, trust, professional, caring, fun, quirky)
- What’s the very best thing that can happen as a result of having a professional headshot?
- What will achieving that result mean to you?
- What are your/your company’s core values?
- Who is your target audience or ideal client you are looking to attract?
- Are you thinking of writing a book or launching any CD or DVD products in the near future?
- Have you seen any professional headshot photos that you particularly like the style of? (Take along examples to show your professional headshot photographer)
- Do you (or any of your staff) have any particular worries or concerns about being photographed?
- Would you like to book a professional hair and make-up artist for your shoot?
- Would you like professional image advice?
- What are your current brand colours? (Logo, website, etc.)
- What style of photos do you like? (Studio, location, posed, candid, colour, black & white)
- Are you working on any other branding?
- If it’s a company team headshot shoot, is there anyone in your company that may need a greater selection of images? (i.e. Senior Execs, company spokesperson)
Contact us today for a chat and we can help you with any questions you may have about why you need a professional headshot…