There is a great quote that reads ‘Your brand is what people say about you when you’re not in the room’ by Jeff Bezos. Funnily enough that’s where my own business name came from, it started as John Cassidy Photography but I soon found that people were talking about me and calling me The Headshot Guy, it made a lot of sense and so it stuck.
Your brand is something that you reflect at all times and so it is important to highlight the great traits that come naturally to you, this always plays a huge part in your likability. If people can see that you are trying to possess traits you do not have then they are seeing through you, your personal brand will mean nothing but a façade and will not resonate with your audience.
Incorporate the things that you are passionate about to become a part of your personal brand. Again, these things will come easy to you and you will never have to fake your enthusiasm or eagerness on these subjects, as they are a part of who you are.
The key points for personal branding that I took away from this brilliant article are as follows:
– Focus on the more preferred characteristics that you possess
– Be likable and creative
– Make your everyday life a part of your personal brand
– Don’t be afraid to stand out, stick to your guns and do what you do best
– Keep your eyes open for opportunities
– Know yourself, your business and your values
– Adapt and develop your personal brand as time goes on.
What do you think are the essential points to creating an outstanding personal brand? Leave a comment and share your hints and tips and help someone to develop a stand-out brand.