If you find yourself running away from the camera here are our top 6 tips to help you build your confidence and start creating some beautiful memories and excellent professional headshots.
- A good photograph uses the whole face and body. While you’re in a shoot or having your photo taken, think of a memory where you could not stop laughing and let that memory fill into your whole body.
- Ask your friends to take more photo’s of you, so you can get used the feeling of seeing a still image of yourself that’s not in the mirror. A study shows that Nationally, men check their face 27 times on average each day, against 34 times on average for women. We look at our reflection so often in the mirror that now; when we see a photograph of ourselves we appear to look different. This is because we do look different in the mirror. The more photos other people take of you the better. Unfortunately, this doesn’t work for “selfies” as they imitate the way we look in a mirror, so you are going to have to ask a friend to take a photo or pop on a self-timer.
- Be cautious of what styling products you use, some hair products can appear to make your hair look stiff and unnatural. Reveal that natural look by researching what hair products suit your hair colour, texture and style.
- Select an outfit that makes you feel great and positive! In a study, researchers found that the clothes you wear actually affect your mood. “The strong link between clothing and mood state suggests we should put on clothes that we associate with happiness, even when feeling low.” This is because when you put on clothes you associate with being happy it makes your mood happier. Ensure your photograph looks great by wearing an outfit that makes you feel positive and confident.
- The Power Pose – also perfect for an interview, the power pose is a simple exercise you can do to make you feel relaxed and confident. Just before having your photo shoot pop somewhere quite, stand with your feet firmly on the ground, hands on your hips and stay like that for two minutes without saying anything. This makes your non-verbal communication confident, and after two minutes this confidence soaks into your body and into your shoot. For feeling strange for two minutes this in return enhances your photographs making you look and feel more confident and relaxed.
- Visualise the ideal outcome of your photo-shoot or photograph. It doesn’t matter whether you are taking part in the activity or visualising it, the same neural networks of the brain are still being used. By closing your eyes and Visualising the outcome in as much detail as possible it enhances your senses making them more receptive. This helps you feel more confident about achieving your goal because you have already done it in your brain.
Our friendly team has worked with every type of person imaginable so as long as you bring yourself and be open to being coached and directed, you won’t be disappointed. The tips above are not essential, but if you want the very best headshot they can help transform your confidence and make you think positively about having your photo taken.
We will continue lighting people up and if you ever think that you may want to give a shoot a go, to boost your confidence and to create a great new headshot, get in touch with our team and we will create the perfect look you are looking for. If you would like to find out more about professional headshots and where you can use them click here.
To check out some of the ladies that have had their headshots taken with us click here.